SOFIE BIOSCIENCES, Inc., located in Culver City, California, is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated UX/UI Designer to join a passionate team developing and supporting next generation macroscale and microscale radiochemistry systems.
SOFIE is a privately held, well-financed molecular imaging company. It is developing and offering a range of products from pre-clinical imaging systems and automated chemistry synthesis systems to new diagnostic imaging probes. More information on the company can be found at www.sofiebio.com.
The company’s environment will reward a self-starter — a creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision of continuous improvement. We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open minded as the technology we develop. We encourage our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally. We have a culture that values great ideas by great people.
Seeking a strong, multi-talented candidate to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop disruptive technologies in Positron Emission Tomography (PET). This position will focus on the design and development of UX/UI for our automated radiochemistry systems and SOFIE web applications. You will be an integral part of a team making decisions and designing how users will interact with our automated platforms.
Bachelor’s degree in design, human computer interaction, human factors, or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience in UX and UI design
- Demonstrates a strong portfolio that showcases work which you have developed from requirements through final design
- Extensive experience using UX/UI design tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience with Git / Github and WordPress (CMS)
- Previous experience developing UX/UI for biotech or medical applications a plus
- Proven ability to gather and translate requirements into functional products (web, desktop, mobile)
- Excellent written and oral communication, record keeping and organization, problem solving, and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge and experience in product development processes a plus
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Development of front-end UX and UI for automated chemistry systems, SOFIE web applications, etc.
- From wireframes to prototypes to production
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams (chemists, engineers, scientists, etc.) to gather and define requirements
- Work closely with SOFIE software engineers (back-end development)
- Maintain code base using software versioning (Github)
- Address customer issues via trouble-shooting and bug fixes in a timely manner
- Adhere to and provide input to existing brand/style guides
- Apply design skills to assist with marketing assets as needed (web, brochures, conference materials, etc.)
- Assist with design consultation to products as needed
- Collaborate closely with management and the R&D team to meet project milestones
- Communicate ideas and information to scientists, engineers and non-technical personnel in both verbal and written form
- Maintain thorough and detailed written records
Salary is competitive. The starting date is immediate for the right candidate.
To apply, send email cover letter with attached resume to: email@example.com