SOFIE BIOSCIENCES, Inc., located in Culver City, California, is seeking an enthusiastic Sr. Electrical and Firmware Engineer to join a passionate team developing and supporting next generation macroscale and microscale radiochemistry systems.
SOFIE is a privately held, well-financed molecular imaging company. It is developing and offering a range of products from pre-clinical imaging systems and automated chemistry synthesis systems to new diagnostic imaging probes. More information on the company can be found at www.sofiebio.com.
The company’s environment will reward a self-starter — a creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision of continuous improvement. We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open minded as the technology we develop. We encourage our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally. We have a culture that values great ideas by great people.
Seeking a strong, multi-talented candidate to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop disruptive technologies in Positron Emission Tomography (PET). This position will focus on developing and validating electrical systems for new automated chemistry systems, from concept to full production, as well as continuation engineering on existing product lines.
M.S. degree in EECS or electrical engineering + 5 years industry experience. B.S. plus extensive experience may also be considered.
- Expertise in custom PCB design, testing, and troubleshooting
- Experience using PCB design tools (e.g. – Altium)
- Experience in debugging PCB’s using standard test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.) at both the board and system level.
- Demonstrated proficiency with electrical engineering fundamentals and circuits
- Proficient in board level component selection
- Capable of soldering surface mount components
- Experience with microcontrollers (ARM, Arduino or PIC), embedded computers and hardware integration
- Strong knowledge of real time data acquisition and signal processing
- Strong knowledge of UART, SPI, I2C and Ethernet implementation
- Familiar with electrical standards and CE certification preferred
- Experience developing firmware preferred
- Knowledge of C/C++ and Python
- Experience with Git / Github
- Ubuntu / Debian / Linux / Mac OS X including experience with terminal / command line
- Familiarity with RS232, RS485, SPI, I2C and TCP/IP communication protocols
- Familiarity with client-server architecture and programming
- Experience developing software architecture for automated systems and electromechanical components
- Excellent written and oral communication, record keeping and organization, problem solving, and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge and experience in product development and/or project management processes a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Develop custom electrical control systems by studying requirements, selecting components, designing and testing PCBs
- Validating systems and components by designing testing methods, conducting tests and analyzing data
- Comfortable testing components or systems while using or being around low levels of radioactivity
- Optimization of electrical systems and components for cost, size, and performance
- Researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
- Assuring product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and defining specifications based on quantitative analysis
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Develop firmware for embedded systems using C/C++ to communicate with sensors and electromechanical systems
- Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary R&D team to meet project milestones
- Manage projects with third party vendors or consultants, as needed
- Communicate ideas and information to scientists, engineers and non-technical personnel in both verbal and written form
- Maintain thorough and detailed written records
Salary is competitive. The starting date is immediate for the right candidate.
To apply, send email cover letter with attached resume to: email@example.com