SOFIE BIOSCIENCES, Inc., located in Culver City, California, is seeking an enthusiastic Embedded Systems Software Engineer to join a passionate team developing and supporting next generation macroscale and microscale radiochemistry systems.
SOFIE is a privately held, well-financed molecular imaging company. It is developing and offering a range of products from pre-clinical imaging systems and automated chemistry synthesis systems to new diagnostic imaging probes. More information on the company can be found at www.sofiebio.com.
The company’s environment will reward a self-starter — a creative problem solver who anticipates risks and opportunities and maintains a vision of continuous improvement. We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open minded as the technology we develop. We encourage our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally. We have a culture that values great ideas by great people.
Seeking a strong, multi-talented candidate to join our dynamic, interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop disruptive technologies in Positron Emission Tomography (PET). In particular, this position will focus on the development of both embedded firmware and software for innovative, automated radiochemistry systems. You will be an integral part of a team making decisions and designing how users will interact with our automated chemistry platforms.
Bachelor’s degree in EE/CS or Computer Engineering + 5 years industry experience, alternatives accepted with relevant firmware, software, electrical, and UI development experience (E.g. – computer science, electrical engineering, etc.).
- Experience with microcontrollers (ARM, Arduino or PIC), embedded computers and hardware integration
- Knowledge and experience with electrical engineering fundamentals and circuits
- Experience with PCB design, testing, and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ and Python
- Have knowledge of at least one of the major python web frameworks, i.e. flask, pylons, cherrypy, django (flask preferred)
- Experience with Git / Github
- Ubuntu / Debian / Linux / Mac OS X including experience with terminal / command line
- SQL database experience expected
- Familiarity with RS232, RS485, SPI, I2C and TCP/IP communication protocols
- Familiarity with client-server architecture and programming
- Experience developing software architecture for automated systems and electromechanical components
- Excellent written and oral communication, record keeping and organization, problem solving, and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge and experience in product development processes a plus
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Develop firmware for embedded systems using C/C++ to communicate with sensors and electromechanical systems
- Work closely with electrical engineers on PCB layout/testing and software to hardware interfaces
- Development of the automated system backend software
- Design and develop software architecture based on system requirements
- Develop the server side application in Python and SQL (Flask + SQLite)
- Python API to communicate with / control embedded systems
- Maintain code base using software versioning (github)
- Implement new features
- Investigate and fix bug reports
- Develop system unit tests
- Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary R&D team to meet project milestones
- Communicate ideas and information to scientists, engineers and non-technical personnel in both verbal and written form
- Maintain thorough and detailed written records
Salary is competitive. The starting date is immediate for the right candidate.
To apply, send email cover letter with attached resume to: email@example.com